Migraines can significantly affect your daily life, especially if they occur frequently or over an extended period. If you are looking for ways to relieve your migraine symptoms, such as pain, nausea, and increased sensitivity to light, sounds, and smells, you may consider scheduling a massage Broken Bow.
Massage Broken Bow for Migraines and Headaches
What Causes Migraines and Headaches?
While the terms “migraine” and “headache” are sometimes used interchangeably, their causes and the effect that they can have on you are different.
Migraines are a neurological disease that affects approximately 12% of Americans. Various factors can contribute to someone getting migraines, such as genetics, gender (hormonal changes make women more susceptible), high-stress levels, and smoking. While there are many situations that can cause a migraine attack, frequent causes include:
- Emotional stress (the resulting anxiety or concern can worsen the migraine).
- Too little or too much caffeine (depending on what your body is used to).
- Delaying or missing a meal.
- Food preservative and chemical sensitivities.
- Daily use of pain-relieving medications.
- Flashing lights, fluorescent lights, or lights from electronics.
Depending on the severity, a migraine attack may last from a few hours to several days.
While headaches do not last as long as migraines (most are 30 minutes to a few hours), they can still make regular activities difficult. Tension headaches start when the muscles in your neck and scalp tense up or contract; these may be caused by anxiety, stress, depression, or injuries. Vascular headaches occur when the blood vessels around your brain and the muscles in your head swell and constrict.
How Can a Day Spa OKC Visit Ease These?
Because migraines are a neurological disease, they can not be cured by a trip to a day spa in Oklahoma City. However, the effects that massage therapy has on your body and mind can ease the symptoms of migraines and headaches. During your spa visit, your massage therapist will:
- Relieve physical tension and pain: by carefully moving and manipulating your muscles, joints, and limbs, your massage therapist will encourage your muscles to release, easing the pain caused by migraines and tension headaches.
- Improve circulation: your massage therapist will promote a better blood flow through strategic movements and specific pressures; by boosting circulation back to normal, a trip to a day spa OKC can help with migraines and vascular headaches.
- Ease emotional stress: chronic migraines and severe headaches can take a mental toll; visiting a day spa in Oklahoma City or Broken Bow gives you the opportunity to focus on relaxation, while your massage helps to balance your hormones naturally.
Experience Relief at Our Day Spa
At A Servant’s Hands Massage Therapy, we want to bring you relief and relaxation. Whether you schedule a 60-minute in-cabin massage or customize a longer treatment with our packages and add-ons, our goal is to create your ideal spa experience. We will adjust our lighting, music, and scented massage products to a level that is the most comfortable for you. To learn more about our massages, please get in touch.